Furniture takes on so many different forms and, in many cases, it has more than one purpose. People are more creative with home décor design these days and that includes the uses of different types of furniture such as book shelves. Traditionally, we’ve all used book shelves to stack and store books, but there are different ways to use them.
Here are a few ideas on how you can use book shelves besides for their original purpose.
- You can use it as a display unit in your lounge or at the end of a hallway, especially if the hallway has a solid wall at the one end. You could place the book shelf against the wall and place ornaments in it.
- It can be used to showcase your family photos. Choose a number of photo frames that fit within the shelves. Decide on a colour scheme for the photo frames that matches the book shelf. Depending on the width of the shelves you could place three to five photo frames on each level to create a sense of consistency in the photo displays. Alternatively, you could place one photo frame per shelf if you have a 12 Block Book Shelf.
- Use an Open Back Book Shelf to display your handmade crafts or hobby creations. If you are a creative person that paints ceramic animals, then you can display them in this manner. It will be neatly placed in an area that is visible to visitors.
- If you have a lot of mugs or tea cups, a great way to store them is to pack them neatly in the book shelf. This will give you more space in your kitchen cupboards as your cups or mugs will be out of the way. You could also use it for wine glasses or cocktail glasses that are too beautiful to hide away in a kitchen cupboard.
- It is a great way to display souvenirs that you’ve collected over the years. Whether you collect souvenirs such as snow globes on your travelling journeys or collect wedding souvenirs, you can display all of them gracefully. A Glass Door Book Shelf would be ideal for this purpose.
- A 3 Tier Book Shelf is ideal for a child’s bedroom as it is not too high and they can reach each tier. They can store their toys or art projects in homemade drawers made of boxes. These boxes can be placed on each tier. This furniture transformation will instantly tidy up any child’s bedroom.
Furniture defines the space you live in. It is part and parcel of who you are and how you live. In this endeavour of picking out the right mix of furniture for your space there are a whole lot of options and varieties to choose from. Even the material and construction speaks volumes about what your furniture stands for. Furniture can be broadly classified into living, dining, bedroom, office and misc. Respectively. Every furniture piece is constructed using primary materials that is common across all manufacturers consisting of wood, metal, leather, leatherette and fabric.
Some broadly used Furniture in our daily lives are beds, sofas, chairs, tables, cabinets, chest of drawers, wardrobes, entertainment units etc. Let’s go room by room and define what sits where. Sofas, chairs, centre tables, entertainment units are all part of the living room space. In broader terms a simple console table or a side coffee table can be utilised to tweak the same space along with a rocking chair. Bedrooms are clearly defined with beds, bedside tables, nightstands, dressing tables and wardrobes. Dining rooms and kitchens usually go hand in hand with placement of dining tables, dining chairs, and kitchen consoles, bar counters, bar stools etc. As it is a place to entertain and dine.
Space is a major constraint in buying furniture hence the modern consumer looks for functional furniture that adds style and functionality to his or her space. Longevity and care for furniture are also big concerns for the potential buyers. For example, Solid wood furniture comes treated and is sturdy usually considered the best buy by most people. Solid wood is natural wood that goes through basic processes that strengthen the natural qualities of wood and enhance it. Leather comes as a premium finish to almost all types of furniture and is amongst the most expensive finishes in the market. Leather comes from animal hide and is cured over time and treated for strengthening the natural hide. The advantage of leather upholstered furniture is that it is durable and tough with a longer life than say a fabric finish. Each has its own unique advantages. Fabric upholstered furniture has its unique set of strengths and weaknesses. Fabric breathes, it can come in any shade and is both natural and artificial and lastly can be easily replaced with new fabric upholstery. Leatherette comes firmly in between the two categories and takes the best qualities of both such as easier maintenance and a limitless variety of colours finishes textures and patterns. Leatherette is highly durable and has a longer life considering it’s a mix of natural and artificial materials.
Some furniture sometimes doubles up their act. A sofa cum bed acts as a bed also. Storage included in beds helps you store night time essentials. Bands with head boards can use it as a nightstand. Furniture is highly personal and one must really choose a piece that one can identify with. Beautiful personalised furniture means happy homes.
The first room that everyone sets while furnishing a home is “Living room”. As living room is the most admired place that speaks to your guests at a very first glance. So, it should be lively enough without any unwanted fuss. And, what can make it enchanting is colorful, designer, and durable furniture units. When your thought of mind is sorted to set a living room, the first utility that appears in mind is a sofa.
Modern Sofa Sets are a fundamental concern and one-time investment that everyone has to make while buying furniture for the house. It completes the outlook of a home along with that; it adds an impression in front of the visitors about choice and taste in furniture. According to latest trends, sofas are available in a lot of varieties and designs. And, with that emergence, expert furniture designers introduced Fabric sofas in the market.
A fabric sofa is a unique piece that renders luxury and comfort like all other traditional sofas, but this is the one that is desirable to add a vibrant touch to the living space. Appropriately, this sofa unit is designed to decentralize the scope of contemporary, cozy and budget friendly. Earlier, they were not so visible to the furniture lovers, but, now they have become a significant part of every home decor and furnishing because one can easily customize their sofa according to the stated requirements.
One can conclude fabric sofa sets as a designer and unique furniture till date. They give an impression of luxury along with modern touch by detailing with your living room theme. The colors and bright fabric of this sofa adds a gorgeous appearance to the living room. And, whenever you enter the area, you feel comfortable and refreshing with your surrounding after a daily routine.
But, you have to identify the points mentioned below while buying this piece of furniture:
- Structure and Material: It is essential enough to encounter with experts in concern to the material of sofa. Ideal material is textured fabric which is customized with small holes design. Most importantly, you have to look out for the structure crafted from solid wood, and coverage should be well accomplished with the upholstered fabric material which should be fascinating enough to provide a comfort sitting to every member of the family as well as the visitors.
- Sassy Colors: Another point of concern is the indulging in color as trend and choice are much more visible through the shades. You can make your selection with the lively colors like blue, red, black, brown, etc. to enchant everyday look all at once as a single unit. For a better experiment, heading on with prints is also not a bad idea. Floral and graphical prints are quite in trend nowadays. So, you can choose the printed textured fabric for an opulent sofa unit.
- Measure your area: For setting up your furniture within your space, you need to take the proper measurements. If you have a compact space, then a miniature style unit will be perfect and portable enough. And, if you have a large area, then the variety of options are open to turn around and experience the trendy stuff within your home.
- Cost efficient and desirable: Last but not the least, it should not harm your pocket. As estimating a budget is a vital concern while buying furniture online. It also depends on the quality and material of the fabric that is used to build the structure of the sofa.